Tuesday 4 March 2008

Finally Some Internet Speed – Of a Sort

Written on Monday 25th – but not posted due to the number of Windows Updates that I had to download and install which stopped me doing much else on the day.

So here I am sitting in a wi-fi hotspot in a mall in Jakarta with my niece and nephew sipping on a coffee and enjoying watching pages load without time outs – unlike the dial up connection which is all that is available from lil bro's house.

Having said that the connection is “latest wireless technology 802.11b – connect at blazing speeds of up to 22Mbps” - obviously they do not have an Advertising Standards Authority over here.

Arrived safely on Friday after two pretty comfortable flights apart from the crying of two howling infants on leg 1 – am now convinced that children under five should only be allowed on board in first class so that the rest of us can get some sleep.

Played golf on Saturday for the first time in 18 months and it was very ugly – it did not help that the course we were playing had been used for the Indonesian Open the week before and the layout was exactly the same and we played it from the same tees as they had used. Still, enough with the excuses all I will say is that I enjoyed the company and can console myself with the thought that it can only get better from this nadir.

In the meantime here are a couple of pictures of the guest suite in lil bro's house that I am occupying for the duration – this has got more floor space than all of my downstairs back home; and I could lose my upstairs rooms in the cavernous bathroom.



6 comments:

Sezme said...

Nice! I like the rugs!

Glad you are enjoying your stay with your brother and his family.

No excuses on the golf, Scotsman. ;P'''

DBA Dude said...

rt, rugs make a pleasant change from the marble floors - much softer on bare feet.

McNoddy said...

Looks like you are enjoying the java!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yow! Your brother lives in a castle! That room is larger than my place also, I think. Sounds like you're having a good time; it's fun reading about it.

DBA Dude said...

Noddy, Yes - the great coffee makes up for the lack of decent beer. Mind you bro' does have a fine stock of Malts!

GNG, You would not believe the size of the bath in the guest suite and yes I am having a real good time - if only it would stop raining every day.

Sezme said...

I think the rain followed you from Scotland. ;P