Friday 10 October 2008

Aliens

When I saw this last night my first thoughts were of the climax of Aliens where Ripley climbs into the exoskeleton cargo lifter and battles with the alien queen. Then I came across this clip of the same device.

Developed in Japan for a practical use in in nursing homes and hospitals this sci-fi looking exoskeleton allows the user to lift weights 40Kg greater then they would otherwise.

The clip comes from an Aussie tv show Beyond Tomorrow which appears to be descended from an old BBC show Tomorrows World. It is a fascinating watch and a reminder in these turbulent economic times that scientists around the globe are still striving to make the world a better place.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

That just makes me say, "WOW!"

Can I get one of those to wear at the gym?

DBA Dude said...

rt. It is pretty amazing.