Saturday 11 September 2010

Local Crimewave

So, on Wednesday morning I left DBA cottages just before 06:00 to walk to the train station, immediately noticed a police van blocking off the High Street 40 yards from my house. An officer was standing on my side of it and we exchanged good mornings as I passed by, strange place to block the road I thought but there was a train to catch.

Found out the reason on my return when I had to visit the supermarket to pick up some essentials, the building society on the High Street was boarded up; turned out that some would be thieves had used a digger to smash into the building society but had fled the scene empty handed.

What is it about September and digger attacks on local financial institutions? It was five years ago this month that more successful thieves used a digger to remove the ATM from the same branch and another bank was robbed in the same fashion round about that time.

No comments: