Friday 17 September 2010

Me and the Pope

The pope is in London on Friday and Saturday.

On a normal working day I leave the office just before 16:00, amble past MI5 HQ before crossing Lambeth Bridge and walking down Lambeth Palace Road to Waterloo.

This Friday at 16:00, the pope dude is visiting Lambeth Palace before crossing Lambeth Bridge at 17:00 in the popemobile.

As a result, the roads in pink on the pdf file in the link are being closed from 11:30 until 21:00!

Having learnt of this I arranged on Monday to finish at 11:50 on Friday (flexi) in the hope that I can escape before the hordes descend – I join Millbank around about the k in Millbank on the link.

5 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Wow. Slash is superb. Nice to take a little sidetrip in my brain with that before work. That singer has some ossum chops, too-- technically a better singer than ol what's-his-name...

phlegmfatale said...

sorry -meant that for the post below.

I'm thinking "DBA Dude hasn't posted since the pope blew through town... ruh roh raggy." I'm hoping you're not still stuck in the blow-by of the pontiff.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Glad that you enjoyed it, saw it on TV at the time and needed to find a version that would get Handsome Hank & friends out of my brain.

As ever will defer to you superior knowledge of vocal skills.

Managed to escape town before the pope dude's hordes descended on the pavements!

Work has been unbelievably busy since then and will stay that way until late Jan - I need a holiday but that aint gonna happen until April next year.

Will have 3 weeks, trying to decide between a trip to the Far East or maybe a road trip thru NM and TX!

phlegmfatale said...

Asia, schmasia. You most definitely need to come visit the Southwest USA!.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Well the opportunity to see some outstanding scenery and to meet your good self & Lin is a big big pull.

Will make a decision when my eyes are fixed and as Johnny Nash wrote "I can see clearly now".