Saturday 13 December 2008

Jimi Hendrix

Was trawling through my off line archives earlier and was stunned to notice that I have been posting for a fair wee while now and had never put one up about Jimi.

Never got the chance to see him live (right up there with Bob Marley as the top two I missed) but own all of the stuff released while he was still alive. An electric guitar player without any peer in my opinion this is a live performance of Little Wing, shame that there is no video but as it was recorded 40 years ago not that surprising.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

That is such a good song...one of my favorites. I love SRV's version, too.

I was actually thinking about that song one day on the way home from work this past week. Weird, eh?

DBA Dude said...

rt, Weird or what, I posted on SRV last year and included a link to that same live recording - best cover version of it that I have heard.

Sezme said...

Cosmic, dude! ;)