Thursday 11 December 2008

Life On Mars?

Well not really but in an interesting scientific development scientists have perfected a technique that allows them to determine the presence of water and carbon dioxide in planets many light years away. If we are ever able to develop a faster than light method of space travel then this would allow us to identify star systems worth visiting to search for life or to colonise when our planet gets too crowded.

Meantime back on earth the worst ten tv ads from the UK for this year have been chosen by a magazine, they are listed here with handy links to YouTube if you need to remind yourself of how bad they were. Luckily for me I had only seen around four of them (fast forward is a great invention) but they do contain some very wooden performances from “celebrities”.

At least our commercial broadcasters are restricted to around 8 minutes of adverts per hour, in the US that figure is 18 minutes which explains why when watching imports from their on satellite stations here there are so many trails for other shows topping and tailing the breaks.

And from “Pointless West” as my relatives in the catchment area describe it, comes this tale of a very successful cat burglar called Frankie.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

Okay. I had to watch John Lydon's butter ad. Moreso, because I heard a PIL song on the radio this past week and wondered how he gets along these days. I wondered if his "Grrrr" was still raging.

Eh...guess he's all about the butter. (That butter looked yummy on that toast, btw.)

That Gillette ad is the worst. They ran it here, too. Really bad.

DBA Dude said...

rt, I almost fell out of my chair the first time that butter ad came into my line of vision!

Agree about the Gillette ad, big yawn time.