Saturday 30 August 2008

News

Sad to hear that Geoffrey Perkins has died in a road accident, while he had a very successful career in tv I will always remember him as the producer of the greatest ever radio series The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Life imitating art or art imitating life? Do not know, but actor (David Duchovny) enters rehab for sex addiction is not very surprising news.

Meanwhile in the Red Sea scientists have discovered a new species of giant clam.

At the Birnam Highland Games today they are holding the World Haggis Eating Championship, good to see that the lager they are serving up with it is the ordinary Tennent's rather than the mind blowing Super (9% abv).

4 comments:

Sezme said...

Dude, no amount of beer, no matter how strong, would get me to eat the tiniest morsel of haggis, let alone eat it in massive quantities for a contest. Ewwww! (Or should I say, "ewe"? HA!)

Yeah, 2am...giddy and goofy.

McNoddy said...

Noo I fair like my haggis, but if onything is mair likely to make me upchuck it's Tennents Lager! They shid wash the offal doon wi'a decent dram, min.

phlegmfatale said...

I lurves me some haggis.
I gots good taste.

DBA Dude said...

rt, shame on you, not sure that I could eat 1lb of it without tatties and neeps.

noddy, I'm with you on the decent dram.

phlegmmy, Aye it is grand stuff - in moderation!