Tuesday 15 July 2008

Red Arrows

Was sitting surfing the web in DBA cottages yesterday morning when I heard the roar of very low flying aircraft passing overhead but they had gone by the time I got outside. Living under a Heathrow flight path such events are pretty rare and my brain started working overtime about the possible causes of the event. When it slowed down a bit I remembered that this is the week of the Farnborough Air show – a friend who lives nearby was out in his garden at the time and he confirmed that what I had heard was the sound of the Red Arrows flying very low overhead.

They are the Royal Air Force aerobatic team and perform regularly at air shows around the world, found this clip of them on YouTube which shows the sort of stuff they do.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

That was cool! I've seen the Blue Angels (our equivalent) a couple of times. It is just amazing that they can do those stunts and not slam into each other.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

There was an old B-17 Bomber plane in our town for the weekend, giving rides for $400 to raise money for some charity. It flew over my house several times on its way back to the airport. Very cool. I managed to snap one photo of it.

DBA Dude said...

rt, I guess that practice makes perfect, but it still looks pretty scarily close to me.

GNG, Hope that you post that pic real soon.