Thursday 19 February 2009

Half Term

This week has been half term in these parts when all the school children get a week off and there are ups and downs. For a start the roads are quieter in the mornings and afternoons as no school runs are being done – according to my driving friends.

For me there have been ups and downs, on the plus side my second favourite train to catch in the morning to local big city has not had to carry it's usual infestation of school kids. Well if you count the 15 to 20 who get on at my station and get off at the next one to be replaced by a similar number heading for the next and last stop as an infestation.

This makes the train much less noisy and crowded and lets me get into a zen like trance to prepare myself for the rigours of the working day.

The down side is that the streets of local big city are much more crowded with children of a lunch time and the late afternoon trains have been busier as well. It would appear that the “attractions” of local big city attract the kids like a candle attracts moths.

All comes to an end on Monday so I think that I will prepare by catching my most favourite train tomorrow morning, means that I have to leave the house 20 minutes earlier but it has the double advantage of no kids in term time and it tends to arrive on time or earlier. The second favourite has only arrived on time once in all the times that I have used it.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

Going out and being around adults, having adult conversations feels really weird during the school year. Enjoy the break! :)

DBA Dude said...

rt, Fun time over now - but at least the streets will be quieter of a lunch time.