Wednesday 4 February 2009

Terry Pratchett - Living with Alzheimer's

There is a documentary on BBC2 tonight at 21:00 (part 1 of 2) where the great Discworld author talks about talks of his experience of a rare form of Alzheimer's. "I was enraged," he says about being diagnosed. "I wanted to make Alzheimer's sorry it had caught me." The programme follows him living with the variant of the disease called Posterior Cortical Atrophy and his efforts to help find a cure by donating a chunk of his wealth.

I am sure that it will be informative and amusing at the same time, this is a subject close to my heart and it will be good to hear his thoughts on the disease.

Should be available to watch for one week on the BBC web site (UK readers only) and might event make it to BBC Worldwide.

No comments: