Saturday 28 February 2009

Scrambled Eggs

Turns out that I have been doing all the wrong things when cooking scrambled eggs over the years; whisking before adding to the pan, seasoning before applying heat and keeping them on the heat all the time.

What can I say, it is the way my mother always made them so I did not know any better; I came across Gordon Ramsay's take on scrambled eggs last year and have since tried it out and am now a convert. I like some smoked salmon or grated strong cheddar added to them rather than chives and a good thick slice of granary bread for the toast.

Not down with the vine tomatoes or mushrooms either – breakfast is a time for some fine pork products, like some Gloucester Old Spot bacon and sausages for example.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

My grandmom taught me to use a cast iron pan and to break the eggs in the pan, kind of how Ramsay did it. However, my mom taught me that I should scramble it first, but she did that in mass quantity in my grandpop's restaurant, so that might be the reason why.

I don't like to season until the end, but I don't add a bunch of stuff to it. I also don't like even a hint of "runny" eggs. I scramble them kind of dry, but I'm just cooking for me.

My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs, bacon (or sausage), and fried potatoes with onions. YUMMY! (I'm not one for pancakes and usually eat oatmeal or barley porridge for breakfast.)

I wouldn't have minded a piece of that toast, though. Looked good.

DBA Dude said...

rt, Am with you on the fried tatties, less so on the onions - too early in the day for me :)