Thursday 12 February 2009

Snow!

Was talking to a relative who moved back to my home town a couple of years ago and they had some real snow last week. 18" fell overnight last Thursday, then another 18" on Friday night followed by a few more inches on Saturday, now that is what I call proper winter weather.

The "icing" on the cake came on Sunday night when the temperature dropped to -17C overnight and then on Tuesday it struggled to get past -10C during the day.

I did ask for some photos of what real snow looks like to post here but my relative is digitally challenged to put it mildly, so unless Big Sis (who was visiting on Saturday) comes through with some we will just have to use our imaginations.

UPDATED I was wrong to criticise, these photos were taken today and were waiting for me on my return from work.


3 comments:

Sezme said...

The second picture is especially pretty. :)

Real snow, as long as you can stay home, is beautiful.

McNoddy said...

Aye min, we've been having some weather

DBA Dude said...

rt, It is grand if you only have to walk in it - not much fun if you have to drive.

Noddy, That is one huge icicle loon!