Wednesday 20 February 2008

Beer 114 – Black Sheep Golden Sheep Pale Ale


One last fine ale before I fly out to Indonesia tomorrow morning, found this in Tescos (where I also spotted some Fursty Ferret – for my “weird” friend in Aberdeen).

The actual colour was much lighter than the photo depicts – more golden than dark, poured with a large head. Initial taste was of hops, but there were more complicated flavours going on in there – and at 4.7% abv could be drunk easily over an extended session. One to revisit when I finally return to the UK.

So this will be the last post for a while until I can source some high speed connection around Jakarta, will be living 45 mins out of town so I have no idea when that will occur. Will not be back here until the end of June, but rest assured that I will get on my blog rounds when access permits.

Slàinte mhath!

6 comments:

Sezme said...

Have a safe and relaxing trip. :) See you when you get back.

Paradise Driver said...

Bon voyage!

phlegmfatale said...

Safe travels!
We'll look forward to seeing you when we can.

Lin said...

Hoping the local Javan ales are to your liking!(?)
It's going to be quiet around here without you!

McNoddy said...

Bleedin' hell that's another one I'll have to ferret oot loon. Love the normal brew from the same stable (or whatever sheep live in).

Enjoy Indonesia - loved my time next door in Malaysia.

Selamat Petang.

Whichendbites said...

You must send this to Gadget, I understand that sheep are the in thing and have some unusual form of status in Ruralshire, even though they haven't yet got the vote.