Friday 1 February 2008

Old Dudes Rocking

Back in the early nineties Hairy Nephew and Irish Lass were living in West London and they became members of the 606 club a small food and jazz place where we spent many a happy night until the wee small hours.

I am pretty sure that they were the ones who introduced me to the alto sax playing of Lou Donaldson, very soulful and bluesy as this nine minute clip of them playing Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky From Now On shows.

Born in 1926 and still rocking today an inspiration to us all.

Check out this best of cd if you enjoyed the clip, you will not be disappointed.

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

COOL! Coolness.

I'm adopting that as my mantra. Everything, baby!

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Glad you enjoyed it, I have heard worse mantras.

Sezme said...

That song was a like a calm, lazy summer day.

Made me want to go to THIS.

DBA Dude said...

rt, Every time I listen to it it brings a smile to my face and sets my feet tapping.

That sounds like a fun time - last year's line up was pretty cool.