Thursday 14 February 2008

St Germain

Today I made the mistake of visiting the supermarket at lunchtime and even though I only had a few items it seemed to take forever due to the numbers of men in suits in front of me buying their lunches, and to a man one or two bunches of flowers – is there something going on of which I need to be made aware?

St Germain is an alias for French producer Ludovic Navarre, this track is a live version of Rose Rouge which is on the album Tourist. If jazzy electronica is your thing then rush down your local record store and pick up a copy.

The vocal sample is from a track by a lady called Marlena Shaw – do not know anything about her but I do like the sound of her voice.

And that is a soppy as it is going to get round here today – the greeting card industry does not need any pimping from me.

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

yeah - her voice is fantastic. Cool ensemble. And I like the Fornasetti suns on the shirt of that one percussionist. Qu'el dandy!

Sezme said...

Her voice reminds me a little of Tracy Chapman.

Jazz can be really interesting to listen to. It is kind of like a group of friends, going down different paths, just to end up at the same place at the same time. :)

Lin said...

Sounds like you are as driven to event consumerism as we are. Feels defiantly good, doesn't it?

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, I would like a shirt like his one.

rt, There are certain times when mellow jazz like this is just the recipe for a grand night.

Lin, What gave me away? :)