Friday 15 February 2008

Maddona Makes Film

She directed, co-wrote and executive produced a film called Filth and Wisdom which had it's premiere at the Berlin Film Festival. Given her recent track record in films it will come as no surprise to learn that she has delivered a turkey.

Not even the presence of Eugene Hutz (lead singer of Gogol Bordello and a pretty good actor as well) as one of the main characters can save it from failure.

Do not believe me? Then read this review from yesterday's paper.

4 comments:

Sezme said...

If she'd done the location catering as well, they'd have had a Jonestown situation on their hands.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I like how the critic totally captures her cluelessness about the lives of the "little" people. She is such a talentless old hag.

She can't sing, she uses the title of "modern" to explain her style of seizured dancing, and she's a freak.

I hate her, have never liked her, and I am sure that her failure is lost on her, too.

DBA Dude said...

rt, A classic "Emperor has no clothes" candidate.

Sezme said...

No clothes, but LOTS of plastic surgery. Heh.

phlegmfatale said...

That's funny. However, the presence of the ever-scruffy Eugene Hutz pretty much guarantees that I'll go see it and possibly even be glazed over and oblivious to how bad it actually is.

Um, I agree Madonna is out of touch on a lot of things, but I do think she is possessed of a modicum of talent. She's yet another tediously moralizing megastar who should stick to what they know rather than to "educating" the masses.

What really excites me now is the prospect of Kermode's review-- can't you just taste it already? I can. Sweet!