Saturday 13 September 2008

Beer 115 – Morland Old Crafty Hen


Had this one at Eldest Niece's place on my last visit, cannot remember if this was a one off brew or the first of a batch to be brewed and released on general sale – I blame the beer – she works for the brewers so this particular one might be a a limited run.

That would be a shame as it is a fine drop, pretty dark in colour with a strong malt taste, slipped down a treat, a word of caution though as it is 6.5% abv and it would only take a few of these to turn the brain to mush and the legs to jelly.

I can also recommend Old Speckled Hen from the same brewery and on general sale everywhere.

UPDATE I have been reliably informed that Old Crafty Hen can be purchased at Tesco.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

Hmmm...judging by the effects of the beer, I'd say that is on apt name for it.

That, or they named the beer after me! HA!

DBA Dude said...

rt, It does kind of sneak up on you!