Friday 26 September 2008

The Return of Rocket Man

Back in June I wrote about the Swiss guy who threw himself out of a plane in a wing suit powered by model aircraft engines, today he was at it again.

Slightly higher today at 8,200 feet but then he was planning to cross the English Channel from Calais to Dover a distance of 22 miles. He made it in one piece in less than 10 minutes and landed safely and you can watch an extract here, he is back to the day job next week flying aircraft for Swiss Air.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

I am always amazed by people who do such things. 1. Where do they come up with these ideas? 2. The gumption they have to do such things..wow!

DBA Dude said...

rt, He used to fly military jets, I reckon that flying an Airbus does not give him the same buzz.

jcat said...

ah, but the best bit was were he totally fooled his support crew by going into a tight loop and landed somewhere totally different from where they were expecting him!

Cool to see another DBA admitting it in public. I'm always wondering whether it is time to head for IT anonymous, where i'd stand up and say 'uh, hi. I'm jcat and I'm a dba' and all the others would look at me aghast and wonder how it is that I go out and confess to it!