Thursday 25 September 2008

News Digest

These Swedish ladies qualify for a Darwin award, though I suspect that a long stay in a psychiatric ward would be more appropriate, have to feel really sorry for the police who had to deal with this insanity and the drivers who were involved.

It turns out that back in the day “big tobacco” were paying Hollywood studios and actors big bucks to promote their brands in films. Part of me wishes that this policy was still being applied to certain “celebrities” in 2008.

Now here is one very very smart 12 year old, he has worked out a way of improving on the design of 3D solar cells, almost gives you hope for an end to energy problems in the future. Thanks to the Dilbert dude Scott Adams for bringing this to my attention.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

The Swedish women: CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I wonder what they were on? They had to be on something. Seriously. Six men to restrain someone of her size? Geesh.

The poor people that had to witness that. My cousin's ex-husband had someone commit suicide by driving her car head-on into his tractor-trailer.

I can't believe they lived.

Smokin': That doesn't surprise me. Now movies do product placement. Even though I haven't smoked in a long time, whenever I see one smoked on television or on screen, I want one.

Genius: Wow! It is amazing what kids can do when they are allowed to explore and imagine. He obviously has people encouraging him to educate himself and ask questions/seek answers. (I preach that to my students, but few listen.)

I don't think most kids realize the potential they possess at their young ages.

DBA Dude said...

rt, You are right, they must have been on something.

That kid's story is truly inspirational.