Tuesday 16 September 2008

News

Amid all the global economic crisis stuff there is some more cheering news to be found, check out the new planet found, only 500 light years from here.

Elsewhere, scientists discover that London taxi driver's brains have in-built sat nav.

Bad news for the criminal underclass who eat processed foods, their high in salt sweat can leave recognisable corrosion marks on metal surfaces, high temperatures can enhance the marks on shell casings.

Was sad to read that Richard Wright of Pink Floyd died yesterday of cancer.

From the 1994 Division Bell tour, third and last time I saw them perform live, here is one that Rick wrote The Great Gig In The Sky, seems appropriate.

4 comments:

McNoddy said...

Sad news indeed. I'm numb, but not comfortably about it. It sure makes me feel old when these stalwarts pass away.

I might just 'nick' the sweaty stuff!

DBA Dude said...

Noddy, Guess that we are going to have to get used to it!

Just remember to wear your gloves when stealing it.

Sezme said...

New planet: Interesting and cool! It must be neat to have careers in that field. Fascinating would be a better term.

London taxi drivers: I watched a documentary on them some years ago. The amount of training they receive and the testing required lead me to that there is no wonder they are walking gps systems. (So does that mean my brain is a book? Just wonddering.)

Criminals: Well, now we are going to have a bunch of tofu eating vegans for crooks. That's pretty neat information, though.

Richard Wright: Sad news. No doubt he will be greatly missed by those who love him.

I was never a huge fan of Pink Floyd, but there are a few songs that I like to hear on the radio. They use so many incredible sounds within their music. THIS song is one of my favorites. (There is another song that is mostly synthesizer. I could be wrong, but I heard it attributed to them...sounded rather spacey and cool. I only heard it once or twice back in the '80s...left that kind of impression.)

DBA Dude said...

rt, Planets, Cabbies & Crims - all good news to offset the shitstorm on the global financial markets of this week.

Have always loved Pink Floyd ever since I saw them in '74 - but then I am much older than you :)