Friday 25 January 2008

Burns Night

A celebration of the birthday Scotland’s most famous bard Robert Burns, or an excuse for Scots men and women all around the world over to get together, recite poetry, hear the bagpipes, over eat and over drink.

Haggis, tatties and neeps form the main course, washed down with lashings of ale or wine and finished off with some fine malt whiskys, have been to one or two in my time and they can be great fun or can end with a wee stramash.

If you want to discover more about this, check out BBC Scotland's web page on the night.

Tonight I will nae be participating in a formal celebration but I will end my evening listening to Eddi Reader (any old excuse to hear her voice) singing some Burns songs while sipping on a great malt.

Slàinte mhath!

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Sounds like an all-around fun time, stramash notwithstanding.

A friend of mine lived near Aberdeen for a while, and she picked up some of the local cuisine, and I absolutely fell in love with mince & tatties. Yum. And of course, any good excuse to eat haggis. Have fun with your lovely music and malt.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Cheers, I am pretty good at rustling up mince and tatties, my recipe always includes carrots and neeps - hmm, no prizes for guessing what I will be eating tomorrow night.

Sezme said...

Eat up, drink up, and iron up!

:)

DBA Dude said...

rt, Slàinte!