Thursday 24 January 2008

Mr Scruff

Time for some jazzy electronica from the DJ known as Mr Scruff, mellow sounds for a Thursday when the sun finally returned to the sky over DBA cottages.

I think that all of the simple line drawings in these clips were done by the man himself. They are all taken from his first major label release Keep It Unreal which came out in 1999.

First up is Get A Move On (which was a hit tune), then Honeydew and finally Spandex Man.

If you like this then you can always check out his MySpace page for more of the same, pie space mix is worth checking out - more hip hoppy.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

"Get a Move On" is in a commercial over here (not sure about your side of the Atlantic).

Always wondered who that was. It's catchy. "Honeydew" was a good song, too. I'm still trying to figure out "Spandex Man," though. ;P

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah! I LOVE that song - Get a Move on - always wondered who it was. And that animation is darling, too. Clever folks.

DBA Dude said...

rt, It has been used here in commercials and I am sure that Top Gear have used it as background music.

Phlegmmy, I love the simplicity of the animation - makes me grin.