Sunday 27 January 2008

Omaha Beach

Saw an informative and moving documentary about the US landings here some three weeks ago. Thought that the reconstructions looked pretty good but did not pay that much attention at the time.

Then this week I heard about this 4 minute clip showing how they were made by 3 graphics designers over three days with a lot of running around. It is worth watching to see how it was done but you get the added value of a soundtrack which is Two Tribes by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

The clip has been viewed over 1.2 million times in just over a month and has generated so much interest that the BBC are repeating the documentary tonight at 23:20 on BBC2.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

WOW!

That was amazing.

I think I have Smithsonian Channel. I'll have to look.

phlegmfatale said...

wow, very cool. Love that saving Ryan's privates thing.

DBA Dude said...

rt, The documentary is well worth a watch.

Phlegmmy, You crack me up, once more.