Thursday 31 January 2008

German Navy Woes

2007 was not a good year for the German Navy, "navigational errors" caused a ship to crash into a rock near Norway, then another ship got a 76mm shot in it's bows from sailors repairing it's cannon.

A brand new frigate ran into a stone canal bank and another ship "accidentally" fired five shots from it's cannon near the port of Kiel.

In total there were 37 crashes and accidents last year - which was decribed as "average" by a spokesman.

Then we have this clip which shows two of their boats colliding, they must be hoping for better things in 2008.

5 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

golly - how embarrasskin', as Popeye would say! Sheesh. I think I would have erased that immediately.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, I can just see the marine dudes catching it on their phones thinking "woo hoo, YouTube here I come sailor dudes"

Sezme said...

Holy crap! So much I could say, but God don't like ugly.

Lin said...

As a record holding drag racer I used to work for once said "We're all becoming shadows of our former selves."
I recall a saucy bit about the new Spanish Navy having glass-bottomed boats so that they can clearly view the old Spanish navy.

DBA Dude said...

Lin, very astute observation there.

"glass bottomed boats" - well there is still a lot of doubloon filled wrecks out there to be found, so you could not blame them :)