Saturday 20 October 2007

Big Yin

Some good friends of mine were up from Dorset for a family wedding today so I walked the 2 miles over to another friend’s house to visit with them this morning. It had been cold first thing but by ten under a clear blue sky it had warmed up quite a lot, now walking is usually my best thinking time.

I was thinking of a comment that Eldest Niece (EN) had made on Thursday afternoon which led me down a path towards a suitable posting, more thought applied on the return journey. Fired up the PC, and started tapping words into a document, read it and decided that I was not expressing my thoughts all that clearly (wish that I had Scully’s easy way with words) - so I will leave it to stew on the back burner overnight.

In lieu of that here is Scotland’s King of Comedy Billy Connolly, first saw him back in the ealry seventies and was blown away (he was still doing guitar/banjo playing as part of the act more than in recent years).

Here you have Cardinal’s School Visit (1981) and Tobacco Police (2002).

Enjoy.

5 comments:

Sezme said...

Those were funny, but Billy Connolly is always funny!

Did you see Boondock Saints?

Glad you had a good time, today/yesterday.

DBA Dude said...

Never saw boondock Saints do not think that it got a cinema release over here.

Will keep an eye out for it when scanning the bargain bins of my local DVD emporium!

phlegmfatale said...

Walking everywhere is one of the things I love about England, especially when it is cold and brisk outside. I'm probably visiting a girlfriend in Darbyshire in February, and we plan on going on lots of long walks. *excited*

phlegmfatale said...

Oops, should have been Derbyshire, right?

DBA Dude said...

Derbyshire is how the natives spell it :)

With a wee bit of luck you might get some snow as well at that time of year.

One of life's simple pleasures, walking in the cold while well wrapped up - and then returning to a warm hoose and a log fire.