Tuesday 9 October 2007

Mark Kermode - “Control”

Anyone who listened to Mark’s demolition of the latest Tarantino offering might wonder if he ever does give positive reviews.

Here is one from last week on the film Control which is a biopic of Ian Curtis and his band Joy Division.

Basically it is a six minute extract from the live video stream when the show goes out at 15:00 on a Friday, which can usually be found here.

For another fine rant here he is on Pirates of the Caribbean 3 - fans of the franchise would be advised to look away now.

The result of the Comsat Angels vs Joy Division text poll was a resounding victory for Joy Division.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

wah! The first link didn't work, but the Pirates review was SO worth it! Loved what he said about Keira being so wooden and the love scenes looking like chairs mating. I SO agree with him - I don't get what is supposed to be so fetching about Orloondo Bland. I liked that. I'm gonna use it!

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, glad that you enjoyed it, I have reedited the first link and it worked when I tried it just now.

For more clips just put Mark Kermode into YouTube :)