Saturday 27 October 2007

Neanderthals ‘were flame-haired’

Came across this article yesterday and it makes for interesting reading. Have long held the view that Neanderthals have had to put up with a lot of “bad press”.

This will probably be my last post until sometime on Monday as I am off on another road trip.

Heading west to Cheddar (Somerset) to visit Hairy Nephew and Irish Lass for the weekend. On previous form this should result in very late nights, loud music, and not eating dinner until well after nine - oh, and large amounts of alcohol being consumed.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

LBJ said...

Great. .. . there goes my "I'm a mixture of Scottish Highlanders and Vikings " line.

Sezme said...

The Scots in my family are blonde or dark-haired. My grandmother or Northern Irish extraction (mom's mom) was a redhead and the source of all the red hair on my mom's side. I'd say there is a good Irish joke in there somewhere, but...

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - sounds like a perfect weekend.

Went to Cheddar gorge, once, and it was so foggy you couldn't see into it. I did sing, though, and hear my echo. Strange.