Tuesday 23 October 2007

Bruce Cockburn

Managed to get a good four hours out of the PC today with no shut downs - maybe due to it being colder this morning and my not turning on the heating. Hey just put a fleece on indoors, help save the planet by leaving your heating off!

Still having trouble completing “that post” so as a treat I am sharing 2 of my favourite Bruce Cockburn tracks. First came across him when one of our cousins from Canada brought across his first two albums for myself and little bro’ in the early seventies.

Fine guitarist and a really poetic songwriter, when I went to Toronto in late ‘79 I had to stock up on the other eight LPs that he had since released. Worried abut their safety all the way on the flight back home.

From the ‘79 release Dancing In The Dragon’s Jaws here is Creation Dream - pretty good home made video.

Also from the same album is Wondering Where The Lions Are - I have no idea who the people in this video are but it was the only copy of the complete song that I could find on YouTube.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

Two very peaceful and good songs to listen to after a really, really long day at work. Mentally long day.

The second video is of two characters, Tess & Nash, of a soap opera titled One Life to Live.

DBA Dude said...

rt, looks like the kind of show I would avoid like the plague.

GLad that you enjoyed them.

Sezme said...

Yeah, the show is a bit cheesy. I watched it when I was bed-ridden. I really don't like soap operas, but I was once very addicted to EastEnders. (You can stop laughing now, DBA.)