Tuesday 30 October 2007

Comet Holmes

Heard about this last night but was suffering too much background light last night at DBA cottages to get a good view - better luck tonight maybe.

If you do get the chance then check it out - here are some tips on finding it.

UPDATE Had a call just after seven last night from a friend who lives 2 miles away and had just come in from looking at it. So I sloped out into the night and did not have to go too far before I found a spot from which I could get a look.

Very fuzzy image but there as advertised, then got an email from another friend 12 miles away who had been out with his 8 year old daughter viewing it.

Cosmic goodness all around last night. It would have been more spectacular seeing it in the Highlands but that splendid vista of the Milky Way is around 8 weeks away for me when I trek up there for New Year.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

Always too much light, too.

Sezme said...

Cosmic goodness all around last night. It would have been more spectacular seeing it in the Highlands but that splendid vista of the Milky Way is around 8 weeks away for me when I trek up there for New Year.

I'm jealous.