Thursday 27 September 2007

Beer 104 - Leffe Brune



Finally managed to track down a bottle of this (after my problems with the Blonde) and have decided to fly solo as I end up getting more of it!

I love the packaging on this bottle (wire and champagne style cork), do not own a proper Leffe glass so had to make do with my largest wine glass.

Best way to drink this stuff as it reminds you that it is 6.6% abv - definitely not a quaffing beer, pours our a dark brown colour with a beige head (so no problems with the photo then), it has a rich complex taste - think chocolate mixed with bitterness.

Now if you will excuse me I am off to finish the glass and then the bottle in honour of my great nephew Lewis - while listening to The Wailers.

Got to start thinking about compiling CDs for the lad, he is two days old now and I do not want him to growing up a musical philistine - reggae, folk/blues acoustic guitar, blues, rock, african music - I will leave the dance selections to the young uns.

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

YUM! 12 hours until the big party tonight - getting thirsty already...