Saturday 22 September 2007

Camera Problems

I had planned another beer post yesterday, wrote it up all I needed was a picture of a wine glass filled with Leffe Blonde and the bottle. No problem, nice head on the glass, took a couple of snaps and transferred to the computer - doh, looked like a glassful of Leffe Brune which is what I had intended to buy in the first place.

So swill down half the glass, refill and try again, same result - repeat one more time with no difference being made - apart from the mental state of the photographer, at 6.4% abv this is not quaffing beer. So next time I attempt that one I will invite friends around and get them to be my stunt doubles until I get the shot that I need.

So an easier topic for today coffee (without which my day cannot commence), here is a shot of the freshly filled cafetiere only four minutes to wait.



Now we are cooking, ready to start the day.



Have a great weekend.

9 comments:

LBJ said...

I couldn't start my day without coffee (and not a cup of "Charbucks" thank you). I've sort of gotten hooked on Gevalia coffee, and unfortunatey, now I go to the office and the coffee there tastes like burned dish water. So I have to make an extra cup and take it in a little container.

But what a lovely way to spend Saturday morning, a pot of good coffee and some fresh scones with marionberry preserves. (a native Oregon berry, my folks send it)

phlegmfatale said...

I had to stop drinking coffee - I was addicted and couldn't function without it. I didn't really like the taste, either. But the smell always made me HIGH, and still does. The coffee aisle at the grocer's is olfactory bliss for me.

BTW, when I stopped drinking coffee, it took me about 6 months to get back to normal - felt like I was walking waist-deep in treacle all the time. Yuck.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I read this over my first cup of the day. Then I wikipedia'd cafetiere, and learned more about French press coffee. 30 minutes into the day I've had coffee, and I'm already more knowledgeable than I was when I woke up.

Ah. Think I'll call it a day.

DBA Dude said...

Scully I am with you on the good coffee (had to Google Gevalia), never been in a "Charbucks" (never bought into the corporate hype).

My personal favourite can be seen here.

I take mine with a couple of fresh croissants and some sort of preserve.

Phlegmmy, a sad loss to the coffee addicts community.

Gnightgirl, Sounds like a good plan to me :)

Sezme said...

I'm not a coffee person. I'm a tea person. I love tea!

However, I like iced coffee, coffee ice cream, and mocha frapps...guess I don't like the coffee hot. Funny, eh?

DBA Dude said...

rt, You drink tea! Is that not considered to be unamerican? :)

And where do you find decent tea over there? Last time I was in the USA (ok it was 24 years ago) I could not find a decent cup of tea anywhere!

Yes it is kind of weird that you can enjoy coffee flavours as long as they are chilled.

Finally, "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot" - just water and the Earl Grey, my favourite tea.

Sezme said...

I love Russian Caravan tea. Straight.

I don't put cream/milk or sugar in my teas. I drink iced tea unsweetened (quite unAmerican), too.

LBJ said...

You can find PG Tips at World Market (a chain in the northeast) and Typhoo at some groceries. I think my area has a fair amount of people that aren't native of here, as my little small town grocery actually had a whole small aisle of products- tea, coffee and tasty treats and canned goods from England and Germany.

DBA Dude said...

Scully, You really did land on your feet when you picked oout you new town!