Sunday 23 September 2007

John Fahey

A curse upon this intraweb - just managed to lose an hour out of my Sunday morning all because the name John Fahey popped into my head and I made the mistake of putting the name into YouTube!

I had not listened to some of these tracks for over twenty years and as I worked my way through them lost all track of time.

For the uninitiated he was a finger picking guitarist with a truly unique style - he definitely had the soul of a sitar player in there with all that blues background. My biggest problem was trying to choose which track to share - they all brought back memories from first hearing them in the early Seventies.

So now you get the chance to lose four or so minutes from your day - enjoy.

2 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

fahey's style reminds me of my grandfather's - he was a superb finger-picker. One of these days I need to put up an audio post. He was sublime. I miss him.

I see why this music evokes good feelings for you - great stuff. That was not time wasted.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, you have recordings of your grandfather's playing - now how cool is that.

Post some and "they will come" :)