Tuesday 11 September 2007

When/Where Were You Happiest?

Now I have always found this a tricky one to answer, was it:

Halfway up a Scottish hillside in bright May sunshine,
Sitting on a beach in Bali watching the sun go down,
After listening to a great concert,
Holing a 60 yard putt one of of St Andrews double greens,
Celebrating the birth of a new family member,
Watching the Milky Way in an area not subjected to background light with friends drinking red wine,
Fishing on a loch under clear blue skies.
Hiking at the summit of Haleakala volcano on Maui looking down on (instead of up at) clouds for a change,

For me the answer is always here and now, just for having made it with all of my memories still intact. I can sit here and relive all of the magic moments from my past and probably feel happier now than when I experienced them thanks to the extra life experience.

Finally a reminder that while bad things have happened on this day a whole heap of good stuff has as well.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

Amen. :)

LBJ said...

Thank you for bringing back some happy thoughts on this day.

phlegmfatale said...

Lovely collection of memories. Your mention of Scotland inspired my 9/12 Scotland post, actually. It's important to remember, but also important to get on with life.