Monday 5 November 2007

Beer 108 - Morland’s Old Speckled Hen


This used to be brewed in Oxfordshire so qualified as a local beer, however in 2000 this was bought out by the “evil empire” of brewing for whom Eldest Niece works.

Have to admit though that they continue to turn out a beer very close to the original, quite hoppy in flavour with a good bitter taste and a lovely colour. At 5.2% abv it was easily robust enough to accompany last night’s curry.

On an unrelated note us Brits now send over 1 billion texts each week (same number as for all of 1999), if I send more than 2 a month then something is well out of kilter in my universe.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

I've recently become a texting addict. Had cell phones for seven years before my first text.

DBA Dude said...

Is that how long it took you to decipher the manual? :)

I only text Irish Lass and Eldest Niece - and that is only done so that I do not lose my pre-paid credit through no use of the phone.

Sezme said...

Hardy, har, har. ;P'''''''''