Sunday 4 November 2007

Performance Poets 1 - John Cooper Clarke

Was watching the first two of the “last” Sopranos episodes on video (thanks to my friend D who recorded them off his satellite for me) and was stunned at the end of the second which ended with a voice/”song” that I recognised.

It was Chickentown by John Cooper Clarke, and I thought that this was a weird place.to comes across one of his works. Saw him live once in the local Arts Centre and thoroughly enjoyed him. Here is another of his pieces Beasely Street - Enjoy.

6 comments:

Sezme said...

That was different. :)

Chickentown made my ADD kick in a bit.


Beasely Street was easier to follow. I recognize his voice from something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

phlegmfatale said...

chickentown - love the name. He sounds lively enough. Bloody lively!

oh - fyi - my grandpa's music is up on my Monday post. I hope you like it!

DBA Dude said...

Sorry to hear that rt, the next poets that I plan to post are both dub poets the great LKJ and the almost as great BZ - much more melodic.

Phlegmmy, he was even more lively in person.

McNoddy said...

I have his first single somewhere gathering dust - oh and by the way its Clarke wi an 'E' - bleedin pedant that I am.

DBA Dude said...

Noddy, hangs heid in shame, will correct the post later.

Looking forward to next Saturday's game.

McNoddy said...

Aye min, but I'll be as nervous as a monk in a hoorhoose.