Monday 26 November 2007

Reduced Shakespeare Company

Was musing the other day about the last time that I went to a theatre to see a production that was not stand up or music and decided that it must have been in the nineties.

Remember going to and really enjoying a production of Guards Guards at local big city’s main theatre. Then remembered catching a performance by the RSC at the same venue sometime earlier - they went down really well.

So here are a couple of quick clips of them and if they ever appear near you then make the time to go out and catch them.

First up we have Biography of William Shakespeare, followed by The Othello Rap.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

It just so happens that I'm teaching Othello at the moment. Unfortunately, I don't think I can play a video of guys talking about "hiding the salami" for my kids. Just a hunch, though. ;P

DBA Dude said...

rt, you are probably correct - the kind of thing that would earn you 40 lashes in some countries.

phlegmfatale said...

wow - I've heard them on the radio before - those bits were terrific - funny people!