Friday 2 November 2007

The Modfather

Paul Weller has been one of my favourite song writers since I first hear The Jam back in the late seventies. I also approve of him being his own man and changing directions several times to do what he wanted rather than what the business or his fans would have preferred.

So here are three of his mellower tunes for you to enjoy, the first is That’s Entertainment (from the album Sound Affects)

The second is Wild Wood from the album of the same name, and the last one is Broken Stones (from Stanley Road), which has the added bonus of a trombone solo from Jamaican legend Rico.

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

always thought Paul Weller was kinda yummy. Good music. Often sad, but misery loves company. Lovely voice, his.

Sezme said...

I like his voice. I was a little young (possibly pre-teen or just teen) when The Jam was hitting America. I remember a lot of hype, but they didn't seem to have really huge commercial fame. I know they had a core group of fans, though.

Your taste in music appeals to my mellow side. I enjoy your picks. :)

DBA Dude said...

Long regarded as the coolest man in English music, for his songs, voice and fashion sense.

I have yet to unleash my noisier music picks on you all - but you can expect to hear from The Jesus and Mary Chain, Husker Du, Primal Scream et al in the future.

phlegmfatale said...

Love love love the Jesus & Mary Chain.