Sunday 11 November 2007

New Sidebar Additions

Brain feels like mush today - probably not unrelated to staying up until 03:30 this morning listening to music from the seventies and trying to finish the last bottle of red wine (thanks for passing out on me G).

First up is The Missy M Missives - written from a secret location somewhere near to Aberdeen. In her own words “Thirties, Scottish, script-writer, producer, lecturer and ringmaster of my family, The Flying Martinis.”

Next is If The Creek Don’t Rise, written from the middle of nowhere in New Mexico - describes the lives of two pioneering eccentrics as they wrestle with living 2 hours away from “civilization”. This lady takes her cats with her when she goes out hiking - do not know what could be stranger than the cats actually going out with her, oh and cool pics of the views.

Finally Which End Bites?, the musing of a front line UK police dog handler gives an indication of what their job really entails and some of the bureaucratic bullshit they have to endure.

They do not post every day but when they do it is always worth a read - now for some hair of the dog to try to jump start my brain.

7 comments:

Sezme said...

Missy's second blog was funny! I like her style of writing.

Which End Bites was interesting. The eloquence makes me feel lower than high school on that scale.

phlegmfatale said...

Thanks! I'll check them out, and I already blogroll Lin's superb If The Creek Don't Rise. Someday, I'm going out there to visit her.

DBA Dude said...

rt, I listened to her first film reviews on Saturday and was impressed with what she had to say.

Phlegmmy, The thought of you being 2 hours drive from the nearest "shoe emporium" is daunting, envy you the opportunity.

Lin said...

Thank you so, DBA, your enjoyment of our tales is what helps keep us plodding on when things seem discouraging.

You are very welcomed to come visit (anyone who likes Phleggmy is all right in my books), just remember to bring a good supply of your preferred ale on the way in 'cos it's a long trip out for fresh supplies! I'm not sure how to accomodate Phleggmy's shoe addiction needs yet but we'll surely come up with something by then.

phlegmfatale said...

I'll just stock up before I head for such a remote outpost. Heck, if we have enough heady wet stuff to drink, I may manage to not even think of footwear for a minute or two!

DBA Dude said...

Lin, thanks for the invite - if I am ever in NM I will let you know.
Maybe you could take her rattlesnake hunting to supply some new boot materials?

Phlegmmy, As long as that? :)

Lin said...

Dude, your rattlesnake hunting idea is BRILLIANT! Then again, I suspect that Anaconda is the hot fashion skin right now and I haven't seen any out here ... yet.