Tuesday 20 November 2007

News and A Song

The King of Spain told Hugo Chavez to “shut up” last week, someone turned this into a ringtone and 500,000 Spaniards have since downloaded it. You can check out the story here and can listen to the ringtone - sounds awful to my ears.

Things I never knew, “there are 162 islands off the coast of Scotland”. This dude has visited and spent a night on all of them - well I guess that everyone needs a hobby or two. He has some cool photos over at his site.

Another week another whimsical cat tale.

Finally, I came across this video while trawling though YouTube over the weekend. It is a cover of one of my favourite John Prine songs performed by Bonnie Raitt and her band.

2 comments:

Sezme said...

I enjoyed the pictures of the islands. Hopefully, I'll remember to find those pictures of the Orkney Islands to show my students when we read Frankenstein.

The kitties are so cute!

Bonnie Rait is so talented and so overlooked.

DBA Dude said...

rt, glad you enjoyed the pics.