Wednesday 28 November 2007

Blackadder Goes Forth

Was out of the country in ‘83 when the first series appeared on our screens but was soon advised on my return that it had been “must watch” TV.

By the time of the last series I had been hooked on the scripts and the acting, a lot of fine British actors had appeared throughout the four series (Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Miranda Richardson, Tony Robinson, and Rowan Atkinson to name but a few).

A satirical look back at our history - what’s not to like. So here are three short clips from it, first up is How the First World War Started, followed by Secret Mission (nails our WWW1 generals lack of intelligence) and finishing with The Russian Revolution.

4 comments:

Sezme said...

I love Blackadder. I used to watch it all the time in reruns on our local public broadcasting station. I miss it.

phlegmfatale said...

I love the second series the best, but I admit I haven't watched much of the third- maybe I'm just too fixated on Rowan in tights.

yes, I know how sick that makes me sound.

DBA Dude said...

rt, You could try finding the DVDs.

Phlegmmy, 2nd season has the great Miranda Richardson as Queenie - and I have never really looked at his legs :)

Sezme said...

That would cost money--I'm Scottish, remember? Heh.