Saturday 10 November 2007

PJ Harvey

Along with many others first came across this lady while listening to John Peel’s radio show, a very unique individual. Was reminded of her yesterday while passing through the BBC radio web site (to get at the Kermode live video stream) and came across this link.

She plays 2 songs from her latest album and gives a very entertaining interview.

Followed this with a trawl through YouTube and found this early gem from her second album (filmed in 2001), then hit paydirt with this cover of Satisfaction.

Polly Jean and Björk - two unique ladies performing together, aural bliss for the weekend.

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

This one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jkU5-PJY6B8
tears me up and kicks my ass, utterly. I haven't gotten her new cd out of my car player in weeks, and I'm obsessed with tracks 1 & 7, The Devil and Silence. She's a mind-boggling artist of true complexity and wit. She's like an oasis in a vast desert. Love her. Can't get enough.

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, I've spent moments drooling watchng that Rid of Me video before - still hot. That Hub session was really good, too - was it just audio, because I only got audio on my version?

McNoddy said...

Sod the toob try Stage 6

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Another great track from her.

You should have got video as well, might be some "rights" issue if viewed from outside the UK. When the video gets posted somwhere else I will email you and let you know.

Noddy, thanks for that top link.