Friday 9 November 2007

iPhone Mania?

Not in this hoose, they go on sale here tonight at 18:02 and the “meeja” is watching for signs of the mania* that accompanied it’s US launch.

Expensive, overrated, and you cannot replace the battery yourself - WTF?

Now the Nokia N95 - supports 3G, has a 5 Megapixel camera (c/f 2 meg on the iPhone) and you can change the battery/sim card yourself - what more do you want?

I do not use my mobile enough to justify buying one but if I did this one would be my choice of today’s offerings.

* Online Etymology Dictionary has this to say on the origin of mania, c.1400, “mental derangement characterized by excitement and delusion,”

Which sums it up pretty well.

3 comments:

Sezme said...

I choose the free phones. :)

I'd rather look people in the eye and talk, not walk down the street consumed by my phone.

It's because of these devices that we are lacking in humanity these days--they are making us less civilized. My two cents (p in your neck of the world).

DBA Dude said...

Used to be that if you saw someone talking to themself on the street you could label them "nutter" and cross the road.

Mine spends more time turned off than on.

Sezme said...

They're still nuts, just talking to other nuts.

I have it on a lot of the time, but I don't talk on it in public. No one needs to know my business. I also don't talk on it while I drive.