Saturday 3 November 2007

Meme Time

Found this at one the the cab blogs I frequent and found it a fun way to pass some time.

Meme instructions:

1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)

So I enter April 10 and get

Events

1) The Sepoy Mutiny popularly known as the “Revolt of 1857” broke out in Meerut, India as part of the Indian independence movement (1857).

2) The RMS Titanic leaves port in Southampton, England for her first and only voyage (1912).

3) The Belfast Agreement is signed (1998).

Birthdays

1) Bunny Wailer, Jamaican musician (1947).

2) Bob Bell, British engineer (1958).

Deaths

Joseph-Louis Lagrange, Italian-born mathematician (b. 1736 d 1813).

Only one observance and that was too obscure to include.

Will not “tag” anyone with this but if you are a loose end ...

3 comments:

Sezme said...

I did it. It was interesting reading some of the information.

:)

phlegmfatale said...

The great Chicago fire started on my birthday about 95 or so years early. Harbinger of great things, obviously. :)

Trixie said...

Hi there, just want to thank you for reading my stuff. It's always nice to find new readers. I'm a huge sci-fi fan as well, couldn't get through my job w/out "The Guide". ;o)

Oddly enough, there is a bar here called "The Pub At The End Of The Universe". I yuk every time I drive by.