Monday 10 December 2007

Guiness Commercials

My good blogging friend Phlegmmy put up an entertaining ad for Guiness that I had not seen before over at her place yesterday.

This set me to thinking about a) buying some Guiness (see advertising will work on me but only because I like the stuff and had run out of stocks in DBA cottages) and b) some of the great Guiness adverts that I had seen over the years. Went to YouTube and found some that I had seen and others that were new.

Here is one featuring Rutger Hauer from back in the eighties.

Then found one featuring Lee Scratch Perry - now there is one dude who is more than crazy, still he has produced some of the finest reggae heard on the planet.

One on the topic of evolution, and then one on Africa.

And to finish we have the most expensive Guiness advert of all time.

What links most of the more modern ones is that you have no idea what they are advertising until you reach the end.

7 comments:

Sezme said...

They were all good, but I really liked the last one. That was cool. While it was probably planned on a computer, imagine the time it took to do it.

DBA Dude said...

rt, that is probably what made it the most expensive one to make.

Wonder how many takes it took them.

phlegmfatale said...

Wow- that is VERY VERY cool!

Lin said...

Oh my, we have given up YouTube for Lent unfortunately. No, not really Lent but YouTube was the issue which caused us to find out that we had severely limited download allowances. Still, I has to comment since beer is, afterall, BEER!

DBA Dude said...

Lin, good to hear from you, was a wee bit worried that you were going off the grid on us.

Download limits suck big time, my deal restricts me to 2Gb a month 4pm to midnight but unlimited outside that.

McNoddy said...

My favourite has to be the penguins.

DBA Dude said...

Noddy, Cheers loon, had nae seen that one - very good.