Thursday 20 December 2007

Top Ten Xmas Movies

The good Dr Kermode posted a short list of his favourite Xmas movies a wee while ago and last Friday the results were announced - I have already let the cat oot of the bag in my previous post but their vodcast is available here.

As he selected the list there is nothing on it to send him off on one of his rants but it is worth a watch.

Knowing the BBC this may not work for readers outside of the UK, if so try getting the audio only version available from this place.

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I was in England at Christmas time once and everyone was excited to watch Dambusters! which they told me was a holiday tradition. I've NEVER seen or heard of that one over here. The dog's name may have kept it close to home, but anyway, it's a good story.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, A very different time compared to the here and now.

The other traditional one is The Great Escape - don't know why.

phlegmfatale said...

I lurve the shit out of Hans Gruber - Die Hard is jsut about my favorite.

It's funny - because the stuff about the darkness of It's A Wonderful Life is remarkably similar to a rant I launched into to someone about 3 weeks ago.

Great link - I love this guy's reviews. Oh, and yeah, the vid didn't work, but the audio came through fine.

DBA Dude said...

Phlegmmy, Alan Rickman is a really fine actor and he does great bad guys.

I suspected that it would not as it was posted by BBC rather than BBCWorldwide. Just finished watching their last "vodcast" of the year - awesome rant on the new St Trinians.

Not only a great film critic, he also plays double bass in a skiffle group.